Currently, plastic waste is a global environmetal problem, negatively impacting on the ecosystem, environment, organisms, human health, and threatening the sustainable development of each country. Vietnam and other countries around the world are strongly responding to campaigns and action programs against plastic waste. The workshop aims to create a forum for sharing and exchanging knowledge, research results, and creating cooperative network and opportunities among managers, scientists, businesses and partners to join hands to solve the problem of plastic waste in Vietnam.
With the permission of Vietnam National University, Hanoi (VNU), the VNU-Central Institute for Natural Resources and Environmental Studies (VNU-CRES) in collaboration with the Institute for Tropical Technology, Vietnam Academy of Science and Technology (ITT), Vietnam Institute of Seas and Islands, Vietnam Administration of Seas and Islands (VASI) are going to hold a national workshop on “Marine Plastic Pollution in Vietnam: Situation and solutions”.
Objectives of the Workshop
– To gather and share information, research results on theoretical and practical issues related to solving the plastic waste problem in the oceans.
– To develop a action network to reduce plastic waste in Vietnam.
1) The situation of production and consumption of plastic products in Vietnam;
2) Characteristics, distribution, pollution load and status of plastic waste across the Vietnam’s sea;
3) The impacts and ecological risks of plastic waste to ecosystems, environment, organisms and human health;
4) Trends of new technologies and alternative products; plastic waste disposal technologies;
5) Management, control and minimization solutions of plastic waste in the Vietnam’s sea.
– Scientists, lecturers and staff of universities, institutes and research centers, domestic and foreign experts;
– Authorities from Ministries and localities;
– Domestic and international organizations, businesses and media agencies.
Duration and venue of the Workshop:
– Duration: 1 day (Friday, November 29, 2019);
– Location: Central Institute for Natural Resources and Environment Studies, 19 Le Thanh Tong, Hoan Kiem, Hanoi.
Registration and abstract submission
Please send registration form to attend the workshop before October 15, 2019 via email address: email@example.com
5.2 Abstract submission
- Deadline for the Abstract Submission: August 1st, 2019 via email: firstname.lastname@example.org;
- Deadline for full-text Submission: October 15th, 2019.
For further information, please contact the Organizing Committee at:
MSc. Le Thi Thu Thanh
Department of Science and Technology, Education Management
VNU-Central Institute for Natural Resources and Environmental Studies, Vietnam National University, Hanoi (VNU-CRES)
No. 19 Le Thanh Tong Str., Hoan Kiem Distr., Hanoi
Tel: (024) 38253506; email: email@example.com/ firstname.lastname@example.org